Tuesday, May 18, 2010

pear-cranberry crisp



.: Ingredients :.
4 ripe pears, sliced
1/4 c brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of ground allspice
3/4 c rolled oats
1 TB cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 c dried cranberries (Craisins)
2 TB chopped walnuts

.: Directions :.
(1) preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8"x8" baking dish with cooking spray (or lightly butter it).
(2) Spread the pear slices over the bottom of the dish. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Sprinkle the mixture over the pears.
(3) In a small bowl, cut the butter into very fine pieces with a fork and combine with the oats. Add the cranberries and walnuts. Toss to mix. Sprinkle evenly over the pears.
(4) Bake about 40 minutes or until bubbling.

*NOTES*
A few things I did or will do differently...
- I used 2 pears and 2 apples, so you can certainly change up the fruit if you want!
- I used raw sugar instead of brown sugar
- I will probably use 2 TB of butter next time to get a more even coverage, there were some dry oatmeal areas on mine, still tasted perfectly fine though, so completely your call!
- I might use more walnuts, maybe 4 TB because I really like them :)
- I used Quick Oats... the recipe didn't specify quick or old-fashioned, I imagine either would do

No comments:

Post a Comment